LORAG’s Community Sports Development project was established in 2005. The project operates across Inner South Neighbourhood Renewal Area (Donegall Pass, Lower Ormeau & Markets). The project works with all sections of the community from children to senior citizens, as well as developing the sporting infrastructure of Inner South including coach education, facilities and club development.
The ethos of LORAG’s Sports Development Project is firmly based around participation, capacity building, education and access to sport and physical activity. LORAG is supported in this venture through funding from Sport NI.
The aims and objectives of the Health Promotion / Sports Development Project are:
- Co-ordinate, promote and manage sport and physical activity programmes for people of all ages and abilities within the local community
- Increase participation & community involvement in health related activities to improve emotional and mental well being
- Work in partnership with relevant stakeholders to address health inequalities
- Create pathways for young people to avail of formal / informal education, training and employment opportunities
- Increase the number of qualified, accredited and active local coaches and leaders (male & female)
For more info on sports development programmes, contact Ronan McKenna email@example.com.