LORAG manages the South Belfast 1 family support hub which covers the Ormeau Road area from city centre to Belvoir and all communities who live alongside this route. The information below gives an outline of how the hub works and how you can make a service request
What is a Family Support Hub?
- A Family Support Hub brings together organisations that deliver services to children / young people (0-18 yrs) and their parents / carers. This includes community, statutory and voluntary family support services.
- Each Hub has a leady body that co-ordinates the Hub and receives referrals.
Your Family Support Hub will…
- Aim to connect families to the services they need at a time when they need them.
- Work in partnership with you and your family.
- Act professionally and confidentiality.
Who can refer to the hub?
- Any family member can make a referral to the Hub.
- A referral can also be made by someone working on your behalf, for example, your child’s school, a local community group or your Health Visitor.
- Each referral from must be signed by an appropriate family member to confirm they are happy for the referral to go ahead.
How will it work?
- You can complete a referral form yourself or this can be done on your behalf by another person, with your permission.
- The Hub Co-ordinator receives the referral and will contact you to talk about how best to support you and your family.
- Based on this conversation, the Hub Co-ordinator will contact local services that may be able to support you and your family. These discussions will refer only to an outline of the needs identified and service required. Specific family details will not be shared at this point.
- If you wish to take up the services offered, the referral form will, with your permission be passed on to the appropriate organisation who will contact you to arrange to meet with you to agree a start date
What happens to my information?
All information will be treated in a confidential manner. Your information will only be shared with organisations who you feel will be of help to you and your family. Referrals will not be accepted without a signature to confirm consent (parent / carer or young person).
Examples of issues the hub can help with;
- SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
- ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR
- ALCOHOL ABUSE
- CHILDCARE / FAMILY BENEFITS
- CHALLENGING BEHAVIOUR
- SOCIAL ISOLATION
- STRESS & DEPRESSION
- DRUG ABUSE
Services available through the Hub may include;
- EMOTIONAL HEALTH & WELL BEING
- FAMILY SUPPORT
- EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
- DRUG & ALCOHOL SUPPORT
- ADVICE & GUIDANCE
- BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT
- YOUTH SUPPORT
To make a service request or for more information please contact hub coordinator Michelle McDonagh on 07956749172 or email@example.com