Inner South family support programme is a newly funded programme through the Belfast outcomes group and children and young peoples strategic partnership.
The programme will provide services for families with children aged 5-11 years old in Lower Ormeau, Markets and Donegall Pass areas from October 2013 – October 2014.
Main aims of the programme are:
· To provide support for parents with children aged 5-11 years old
· Improve family relationships
· Give parents more confidence in helping their children with their education
There are a range of services provided by this programme –
- Home visit support for families – If you are finding difficulties at home and would like some support with any aspect of family life or just need someone to talk to we have a dedicated family support worker who can meet your needs
- Parenting Workshops – Delivered by Parenting NI we have a range of programmes that will be operating over the next year dealing with the issues of parenting 5-11 year olds ie. Bullying awareness, building self confidence, anger management
- Education Programmes for parents – This is a 6 week programme delievered in partnership with local schools looking at improving parents confidence in helping your children with homework. The six week course will take you through the curriculum, your childrens key stages and homework help.
- CAP Money Advice programmes – This 3 week programme is aimed at looking at household budgets and helping families work on cash rather than credit! Learn how to work your household money better and end up with more money in your pocket!
- Family programmes – A range of family trips, and activity programmes will be on offer including family fun walks, family swim programmes and themed trips!
For more information on any of these programmes or to request some support please contact Natasha on 90312377